Saturday, July 6, 2013

Surviving Cancer


Surviving Cancer

By: Dr. Reynaldo O. Joson


Ms. Letty Kuan, is a nurse.  She was my school nurse in Xavier School when I was grade V in this school, in 1960.  We met again in University of the Philippines Manila when I was already a professor in the Department of Surgery, UP College of Medicine while she was a professor at the UP College of Nursing. In 1991, I operated on her thyroid papillary carcinoma in the Philippine General Hospital.  I did a total thyroidectomy.  Postoperatively, she received thyroid hormones.  I saw her today in Manila Doctors Hospital while she was visiting one of my patients, CN.  She is now 75 years old with no clinical evidence of recurrence - 21 years in remission.  We both thank God for this long remission.



0 comments: